Day 5: 30 Days to My First Flip

5:45 a.m. Alarm goes off, but it’s Saturday, I stayed up a little too late, so I doze a little longer.
6:15ish I roll out of bed & get read for my workout & prepping the kitchen for the countertop man.
7:10 Hubs takes daughter to work, since I’m still working out.
8:19 a.m. Update the Granite Guy’s contact information in my phone with “countertop” at the end of his last name & his company name & address. Seems simple, but this is one of the best tips Brent Daniels ever gave me. When I add “Buyer,” “Seller,” “Lender,” at the end of the person’s name, it jogs my memory & allows me to have a much more personal conversation with the person calling me & makes them feel respected & valuable to me, because they are. It has been an immense blessing in staying organized.
What are the big rocks for the day? I still need to do my morning Creation Sequence.
8:30 a.m. Granite man shows up. Do my creation sequence quietly in the office while staying available. Having the Trello list of those cards on my phone’s home screen has been a Godsend. Thank you Son 1! And thank you Abagail & Emmylee for your “Trello for Business” course. 🙂

  • Catch up on any responses I didn’t get to yesterday afternoon.
  • Make sure I’m caught up on the next step for each of the Opportunities in the pipeline.
  • Spend time doing some of the thinking work for “Creating Your Best Life.”
  • How will I spend quality time with the family today?
  • How will I make today restful & rejuvenating?

8:52 a.m. Dude, what? Two weeks from template making to kitchen install – as in no kitchen sink for two more weeks! First world problems, right? Back to the creation sequence.

One of the most rejuvenating, restful and energizing things to me is to give myself the freedom and permission to be creative, to think of new ideas, to work on strategic planning. I am going to allow myself some time to do those things today.
11:21 a.m. Said goodbye to Granite Man, tried unsuccessfully to rig a temporary sink idea, caught up on my CRM Inbox & FB messages, said goodbye to a property I would have loved to flip but can’t get to the right price.
2 p.m. First son brought in the mail, and I received a wonderful surprise from a new friend in Texas. I encouraged her and gave her some guidance toward her first deal, and she showed her appreciation by sending me a sweet thank you card, a fall decoration, and some money for Hubs and me to go out for a fall latte date! 😀
7:33 p.m. Yay, hit all the big rocks! 🙂 Spent the early afternoon weeding the garden and being thankful all over again for the fun bounty that God provided with hardly any of our own labor this year. They were the seeds that kept on giving. Got to spend time with the family around the bonfire of our burning old nasty kitchen cabinets. The potatoes were a little “charred,” but there were still some edible bits, and the brats and hot dogs cooked just enough before the rain hit.
Spent the rest of the evening putting supplies away into the new upper cabinets and pantries and spending time relaxing with the family.